Massage is the oldest form of medicine known to humans and has been practiced for thousands of years. The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. The Ayurvedic approach to health is the balance of body, mind and spirit and the promotion of long life.
Indian Head Massage, also known as Champissage, is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms which are important energy centers within the body. It is very relaxing and has a balancing effect on the recipient as it helps them to release stress and tension creating a sense of peace and well-being. This form of massage can be done over the clothing in a seated position; it can be done anywhere and at any time, making easily available just about anywhere.
What are some of the benefits of Indian Head Massage ?
- General Relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Can create a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras
- Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules in muscle tissues
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of “feel good” chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration and clearer thinking